"East.AlfaLine" is the interactive on-line service operated by Alfa Instruments ("East.AlfaLine") on the World Wide Web of the Internet, consisting of information services and content. "User" means each person who establishes or accesses a connection ("Account") for access to and use of East.AlfaLine.
- This Agreement, which incorporates by reference other provisions applicable to use of AlfaLine, including, but not limited to, supplemental terms and conditions set forth in paragraph 14 hereof ("Supplemental Terms") governing the use of certain specific material contained in AlfaLine, sets forth the terms and conditions that apply to use of AlfaLine by User. By using AlfaLine (other than to read this Agreement for the first time), User agrees to comply with all of the terms and conditions hereof. The right to use AlfaLine is personal to User and is not transferable to any other person or entity. User is responsible for all use of User's Account (under any screen name or password) and for ensuring that all use of User's Account complies fully with the provisions of this Agreement. User shall be responsible for protecting the confidentiality of User's password(s), if any.
- AlfaLine shall have the right at any time to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of AlfaLine, including, but not limited to, content, hours of availability, and equipment needed for access or use.
- Changed Terms.
AlfaLine shall have the right at any time to change or modify the terms and conditions applicable to User's use of AlfaLine, or any part thereof, or to impose new conditions, including, but not limited to, adding fees and charges for use. Such changes, modifications, additions or deletions shall be effective immediately upon notice thereof, which may be given by means including, but not limited to, posting on AlfaLine, or by electronic or conventional mail, or by any other means by which User obtains notice thereof. Any use of AlfaLine by User after such notice shall be deemed to constitute acceptance by User of such changes, modifications or additions.
User shall be responsible for obtaining and maintaining all telephone, computer hardware and other equipment needed for access to and use of AlfaLine and all charges related thereto.
- User Conduct.
- User shall use AlfaLine for lawful purposes only. User shall not post or transmit through AlfaLine any material which violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, which is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable, which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law, or which, without AlfaLine's express prior approval, contains advertising or any solicitation with respect to products or services. Any conduct by a User that in AlfaLine's discretion restricts or inhibits any other User from using or enjoying AlfaLine will not be permitted. User shall not use AlfaLine to advertise or perform any commercial solicitation, including, but not limited to, the solicitation of users to become users of other on-line information services competitive with AlfaLine unless otherwise specified.
- AlfaLine contains copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information, including, but not limited to, text, software, photos, video, graphics, music and sound, and the entire contents of AlfaLine are copyrighted as a collective work under the United States copyright laws. AlfaLine owns a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such content, as well as in the content original to it. User may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit, any of the content, in whole or in part. User may download copyrighted material for User's personal use only. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted without the express permission of AlfaLine and the copyright owner. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution or publication of copyrighted material, no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice shall be made. User acknowledges that it does not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material.
- User shall not upload, post or otherwise make available on AlfaLine any material protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right and the burden of determining that any material is not protected by copyright rests with User. User shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from such a submission. By submitting material to any public area of AlfaLine, User automatically grants, or warrants that the owner of such material has expressly granted AlfaLine the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate and distribute such material (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed for the full term of any copyright that may exist in such material. User also permits any other User to access, view, store or reproduce the material for that User's personal use. User hereby grants AlfaLine the right to edit, copy, publish and distribute any material made available on AlfaLine by User.
- The foregoing provisions of Section 5 are for the benefit of AlfaLine, its subsidiaries, affiliates and its third party content providers and licensors and each shall have the right to assert and enforce such provisions directly or on its own behalf.
- Disclaimer of Warranty; Limitation of Liability.
- USER EXPRESSLY AGREES THAT USE OF ALFALINE IS AT USER'S SOLE RISK. NEITHER ALFALINE, ITS AFFILIATES NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT ALFALINE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF ALFALINE, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE, OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED THROUGH ALFALINE.
- ALFALINE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE IMPLIED BY AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT.
- THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF RECORD, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. USER SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT ALFALINE IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD-PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH USER.
- IN NO EVENT WILL ALFALINE OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DISTRIBUTING AlfaLine OR THE ALFALINE SOFTWARE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ALFALINE. USER HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO ALL CONTENT ON ALFALINE.
- IN ADDITION TO THE TERMS SET FORTH ABOVE NEITHER, ALFALINE, NOR ITS AFFILIATES, INFORMATION PROVIDERS OR CONTENT PARTNERS SHALL BE LIABLE REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OR DURATION, FOR ANY ERRORS, INACCURACIES, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER DEFECTS IN, OR UNTIMELINESS OR UNAUTHENTICITY OF, THE INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN ALFALINE, OR FOR ANY DELAY OR INTERRUPTION IN THE TRANSMISSION THEREOF TO THE USER, OR FOR ANY CLAIMS OR LOSSES ARISING THEREFROM OR OCCASIONED THEREBY. NONE OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY THIRD-PARTY CLAIMS OR LOSSES OF ANY NATURE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. PRIOR TO THE EXECUTION OF A STOCK TRADE, USERS ARE ADVISED TO CONSULT WITH YOUR BROKER OR OTHER FINANCIAL REPRESENTATIVE TO VERIFY PRICING OR OTHER INFORMATION. ALFALINE, ITS AFFILIATES, INFORMATION PROVIDERS OR CONTENT PARTNERS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR INVESTMENT DECISIONS BASED ON THE INFORMATION PROVIDED. NEITHER, ALFALINE, NOR ITS AFFILIATES, INFORMATION PROVIDERS OR CONTENT PARTNERS WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THE TIMELINESS, SEQUENCE, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THIS INFORMATION. ADDITIONALLY, THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES AS TO THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE INFORMATION.
AlfaLine shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the content of AlfaLine, including chat rooms and forums, to determine compliance with this Agreement and any operating rules established by AlfaLine and to satisfy any law, regulation or authorized government request. AlfaLine shall have the right in its sole discretion to edit, refuse to post or remove any material submitted to or posted on AlfaLine. Without limiting the foregoing, AlfaLine shall have the right to remove any material that AlfaLine, in its sole discretion, finds to be in violation of the provisions hereof or otherwise objectionable.
User agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless AlfaLine, its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against all claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising out of the use of AlfaLine by User or User's Account.
Either AlfaLine or User may terminate this Agreement at any time. Without limiting the foregoing, AlfaLine shall have the right to immediately terminate User's Account in the event of any conduct by User which AlfaLine in its sole discretion, considers to be unacceptable, or in the event of any breach by User of this Agreement. The provisions of Sections 5(B), 5(C), 5(D), 6, 8, 10 and this Section 9 shall survive termination of this Agreement.
AlfaLine and its logo is a trademark of Alfa Instruments. All rights reserved. All other trademarks appearing on AlfaLine are the property of their respective owners.
AlfaLine reserves the right to change the contents, not excluding pricing, description, inventory, and other relevant information about the products/services contained herein, without notification to the User at any time. Since the contents of this site is updated frequently, AlfaLine is not liable and User hereby indemnifies and agrees to accept a reasonable proportion of typographical error that may be present on the AlfaLine site.
This Agreement and any operating rules for AlfaLine constitute the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede all previous written or oral agreements between the parties with respect to such subject matter. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of laws rules. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. The section headings used herein are for convenience only and shall not be given any legal import.
- Copyrights and Copyright Agent.
AlfaLine respects the rights of all copyright holders and in this regard, AlfaLine has adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of users and account holders who infringe the rights of copyright holders. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide AlfaLine's Copyright Agent the following information required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. ' 512.
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyright work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
AlfaLine's Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement on its site can be reached as follows:
c/o Alfa Instruments.
12901 Ramona Blvd., #A
Irwindale, CA 91706-3797
By phone: (626) 856.3880
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Supplemental Terms.
The structure, coding, and programming of the AlfaLine web site is produced by Grafecom Corp. and licensed to the AlfaLine site under a limited term of use. The underlying foundation for the interactive/dynamic functions implemented throughout the AlfaLine site is provided by a copyrighted software produced by Grafecom Corp. No part of AlfaLine site can be downloaded or transferred without the expressed written consent of Grafecom Corp.